The CWJC Benefit Golf Tournament is held annually on Father’s Day Weekend at beautiful Tierra Verde Golf Club in Arlington, Texas. It’s a great family event for those who want to make it a special treat on the Saturday before Father’s Day.
Whether you are a golfer, love a golfer, or never even thought of golfing, you can be part of this one-day event by playing in the tournament and/or partnering with us to sponsor the event. Please click on a link below to register as an individual, or as a team. Or click on Sponsorship Opportunities to play an important role in hosting this year's tournament. You may pay via Paypal with one of the links below, or mail your check along with your registration to the address on the form. Questions? Contact CWJC at (817)275-5600.
If you were not able to join us, you missed a fabulous evening! Our 13th annual Gospel Homecoming concert was held at Trinity United Methodist Church in Arlington. We were blessed to hear music from:
The Broken Cords, Cindy Gallant, Doug Engle, Susan Atkins, and Threshold Quartet.
Ice cream was provided by MADMIKES, and we added two raffle items which were a big hit! Carol, a CWJC graduate shared her testimony about her memorable experience at CWJC. We’ll be holding our concert again next year, so be on the look-out….you won’t want to miss it again!
February 28, 2018 was designated as CWJC/CMJC National Day of Prayer. Each CWJC/CMJC site was to celebrate that day by bringing participants and volunteers together to pray.
The theme of the day was “Intentional”. Being intentional means doing something ‘on purpose’.
From Annie Dillard, “How you spend your days is how you will spend your life.”
Be intentional as we live, love and pray and serve.
CWJC of Greater Arlington celebrated together with a skit about Simon of Cyrene carrying the cross of Jesus – an illustration of how we are to intentionally serve by carrying the cross of our Lord.
We talked about intentional prayer - to be effective, to pray with focused purpose, fervent zeal & intense devotion. James 5:16. We issued a challenge to pray for some you may not have prayed for in a while.
· Service men & women
· National, state & city leaders
· First responders
· Celebrities/professional athletes
· Persecuted Christians around the world
· Those who don’t know Jesus as Savior
The following prayers are sampling of those offered up during our celebration:
· Service men and women, I pray for you to find God in your heart and continue your great service you provide. We are thinking of you at this time. Thank you for your service, and Lord, please keep them safe.
· Lord, I pray you bless the military men and women and first responders. They go out gallantly and unselfishly to help a cause or someone specific. Bless them in their daily lives and rejoice and glorify in your name, Lord. Amen
· Dear Heavenly Father, Please keep all the ones who risk their lives on a daily basis for Christ. Please lift them up. I pray that God encamps His angels over each and every one of them. Give your angels charge to keep the devil and his evil workers away. Please cancel the assignment of the enemy off of them, in Jesus Name.
· Please give the firefighters, police, Christians and all who serve you, Oh God, the strength to carry on and know that their work will be rewarded. Bless them all. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit I pray, Amen.
· I pray for the doctors and nurses who watch over our sick. Watch over our servicepersons the keep us safe 24/7. I pray for the president that he knows all our lives are in his hands; all the decisions he makes are for all.
· Our Holy Father, We ask you to lay your hand of protection on the millions of Christians around the world who live in fear of persecution and who are in great danger because of their faith in following Jesus. Amen
· Dear Jesus, Please protect our servicemen and women as they defend our country. Please keep them healthy and courageous and let them know you are with them. Please keep our CWJC volunteers healthy and give them strength to continue helping and providing support for the CWJC members.
· Father, We glorify your Holy name and thank you for who you are in our lives, for your hope and salvation and knowledge that I am nothing without you. I pray for our leaders in this nation. Give them wisdom in their decisions that must be according to your will and the best for the people. I thank you for CWJC and the entire organization. In Jesus Name.
CWJC of Greater Arlington is again participating in North Texas Giving Day on Thursday, September 14th! Join thousands of other North Texas individuals in donating to CWJC! Funds raised in 2017 will be used to expand our program offerings each semester by replacing outdated computer equipment and upgrading training materials.
This year, every dollar raised for CWJC will also be eligible for bonus funds that will be distributed by NTGD and Communities Foundation of Texas. No gift is too small!! Also new this year, you can schedule your donation between September 7th – 13th and it will automatically be added to CWJC’s total on September 14th.
How you can help:
Give online to CWJC at the NTGD website on Thursday, September 14th – http://northtexasgivingday.org
Schedule your donation between September 7th – 13th
Tell your friends and family about North Texas Giving Day and CWJC’s participation
Attend the Arlington GIVES! Concert at the Levitt Pavilion, September 14th, 6:30 – 9:30, sponsored by Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
Vote at the Levitt Pavilion for CWJC to receive additional funds from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
Thank you for your continued support and prayers for CWJC!
If you were not able to join us, you missed a fabulous evening! Our 11th annual Gospel Homecoming concert was held at Trinity Methodist Church in Arlington. We were blessed to hear music from:
Beth Van Orden
The Broken Cords
and Bev McCann.
Ice cream was provided by MADMIKES, and Melissa, a CWJC graduate, shared her testimony about her memorable experience at CWJC. We’ll be holding our concert again next year, so be on the look-out….you won’t want to miss it again!